So, it’s my feeling that protest songs from the 60s shouldn’t actually still be relevant, and YET…..
Oops… I think I missed a couple of months. Let’s see if anything else got done.
- Complete Short Stories:
- GG — updated this one
- Complete Novels:
- K&N — I have done a few chapters on this
- Sell 72 items this year (6/month): 1 set of napkin rings, 1 pattern, 1 hexbug (Total count: 12)
- Post 12 Pc of Artwork on Etsy <– not yet
- Finish stuffed cupcake <– I have no idea where this project is right now.
- Blog daily on Bittersuites <– *snickers* This goal is getting more ridiculous every time I look at it. But I did manage to post more and comment more this month than the last six.
- Write 12 flash stories on Wedschild’s Wanderings <–At this point, I’ll settle for one.
- Complete Short Stories:
- Podcast flash stories <– I put this on here as a goal? What was I smoking?
- Create audiobook for CBE
- Let go of 1000 things: 450 (From a yard sale that didn’t actually happen, I’ve divested a *lot*)
- Get conversion therapy banned in my county and state.
- Edit C.J. short story <– Still a horrible friend who hasn’t done this.
- Stop drinking soda — FAIl. Utter FAIL. I will try starting this again.
- NEW GOAL: Exercise 5X a week — Actually joined a gym. Started going 3X a week to start. (Current avg 1.4)
- Update Patreon – Um, I am not a patron for five people. Shall we count that?
- Create IGB Videos
- Quarterly newsletters for IGB&GFP
- Finish 4 crafts:
Pie in the Sky Goals
- Start a hyper-local paper for BG. — Go door to door gathering info
- Develop an AI assistant
- Start a gentlewoman’s club — like an old-fashioned men’s club. A dining room, a bar, reading/lounge rooms, library, gaming room, media room, rentable area for weddings and like, rooms that members can sleep in for the night. Yearly membership, plus food and such. <– so, um, yeah, have the LLC registered.
Actual Bucket Goals
- Adapt forensic sniffer as a blood sugar detector
- Sail on a clipper ship
- Visit Paris (Esp. Disney Paris)
- Visit London and take the Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper tours
- Go back to Germany and visit all the places I missed and what was East Germany
- Develop a method for cleaning up space junk. Possibly using electromagnets.
A song everyone needs to listen to. I mean LISTEN.
In the interests of actually attempting to reach my goal of posting something every day this month, I joined a gym.
This is a huge deal for me. The last time I regularly went to a gym, there was one at work and I was still in college. No, that’s a lie. I went to Curves for like three weeks before I couldn’t take it anymore. That was after I was diagnosed with asthma so less than sixteen years ago. The wierdest pet is that I can better tell you which purse I was carrying at the time than I can tell you about the location of the gym.
This gym is just around they corner and has good hours. I am going tomorrow for my first workout there.
I am…. nervous? Expectant? Worried? I don’t even know. But they have my fingerprints now, they can track me down….
I guess I have to go. Also, I just had the best idea for a story…
sleep well all
Nope, that isn’t misspelled.
I have a problem with BIC. Butt in Chair. I have a big problem putting my butt in the chair to do the work.
It’s as though I reached my big goal of being published and that was enough. It’s not that the stories have gone away or anything, it’s just that the internal pressure is gone. I let off the gas and I’ve had a really hard time pushing back down on the accelerator.
It’s gotten so bad that the fanfiction that I used to update regularly — a once a month date that I managed to make for almost five years, just stopped being written too. It was like I couldn’t stand the thought of opening a word processing program or a blog made me just cringe.
Could it have been depression/stress/diabetes/insert reason here? Sure. Thing is, those answers all feel as though I’m lying to myself. Like I’m blaming something outside for something simpler: I achieved a goal and never set a new one.
Sure I’ve had those nifty goal posts going on, but I never really internalized a large over-arching goal.
I’m doing that today instead:
Old Goal: Be a published author. — CHECK
New Goal: Be able to sustain myself on my book sales. — EEEP I’d better get going!
So, see you on the flip side. Maybe I’ll even be blogging more. Who knows?