I honestly didn’t know that there were three different US sign languages. I knew there were different sign languages for different countries, as signing is generally something which grows organically out of the Deaf communities.
It makes sense of course. I know there are several ways of teaching ASL. (And whether or not the school focuses on the use of voice as well as signing.) But I never studied ASL in a school setting, I only picked up bits and pieces from my cousins and watching the ASL interpreters at work and concerts and such. (Though I did promise my cousin I would learn sign. Time to find classes at a local college.)
A YouTuber I was watching mentioned that she was using PSE rather than ASL and I had to go look it up. For your information:
ASL = American Sign Language, which grew out of the Deaf community and has its own grammar, etc. <– this is the language I’m familiar with
PSE = Pidgin Sign Language, which uses ASL signs with English grammar, however drops many modifiers.
SEE = Signed Exact English, which is as it says is an exact translation of English.
The article below gives a much better definition of each.
I do these to be accountable to someone, even if it’s just the net. Oh my! This is a bit late, isn’t it? But then, what is time but a social construct?
- Complete Short Stories:
- Complete Novels:
- K&N — Got four chapters done and figured out how to end the bloody thing. So, well, I know what I’m doing for Nano and it’s not a new project.
- Sell 60 items this year (5/month) <– Sold ink, a vintage toy, 1 pattern, 2 sets of napkin rings, and 1 book Total count = 42
- Post 12 Pc of Artwork on Etsy
- Finish stuffed cupcake <– More than a quarter of the base now finished
- Blog daily on Bittersuites <– Wow. This was an utter failure.
- Write 12 flash stories on Wedschild’s Wanderings <–I am so behind.
- Podcast flash stories
- Create audiobook for CBE
- Edit C.J. short story
- Update Patreon
- Create IGB Videos
- Quarterly newsletters for IGB&GFP <– Hired a VA – to be known here as C – she’s making templates for me.
- Exercise 3X a week : T, TH, S
Pie in the Sky Goals
- Start a hyper-local paper for BG. — Go door to door gathering info
- Develop an AI assistant
- Start a gentlewoman’s club — like an old-fashioned men’s club. A dining room, a bar, reading/lounge rooms, library, gaming room, media room, rentable area for weddings and like, rooms that members can sleep in for the night. Yearly membership, plus food and such. <– you know, my friends are supposed to *stop* not encourage madness like this.
Actual Bucket Goals
- Adapt forensic sniffer as a blood sugar detector
- Sail on a clipper ship
- Visit Paris (Esp. Disney Paris)
- Visit London and take the Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper tours
- Go back to Germany and visit all the places I missed and what was East Germany
- Develop a method for cleaning up space junk. Possibly using electromagnets.
Nine months in! Had quite the listing push last month. Need to do another one for this month, that’s for sure!
We’ll start with what’s sold:
- HP Ink Quadpack
- Old Woman Who Lives in a Shoe Pull Toy
- Dress Pattern
- Daffodil Napkin Rings
- Purple Beaded Napkin Rings
- Rainbow Brite and the Big Color Mix-Up Read Along No Tape
Much better volume this month. Still needs a bit of pushing through, but there was a little bit of bulk reduced in the listing boxes.
The HP Ink was expired. We don’t have HP printers in the house anymore, so it was time for it to go.
The Old Woman toy I picked up at an antique show years ago.
The dress pattern was a multiple dress grouping. Very nice.
The daffodil napkin rings were metal and quite detailed. I got them in a bag lot of napkin rings. The shipping was a bit… much though.
The purple beaded napkin rings were about the span of my hand, so not exactly wilting flowers.
The Rainbow Brite book I picked up at a thrift store, but I am happy enough with what we got for it.
I have a stack of vinyl that needs listing, and a box of postcards, but I think I’m going to focus squarely on big items until there’s a bit of breathing room around here. I have shelves of stuff that I just know will bring in a bit of dosh here and there for me, my mom, my friend, her mother, and our neighbor. Hmm… maybe a push on the stuff I have laying around that’s hers?
Eight months in and plenty of stuff still to go!
We’ll start with what’s sold:
- Harry Potter Luggage Tag (Lootcrate item that is far out of my fandoms)
- Aristocats book and record (Picked this up at a thrift store with several others on sale. I got this for resale actually.)
- Circuitry pencil case (Lootcrate item that I had no use for.)
Slow, but better than last month in terms of volume. Need to get back to listing, that’s for sure.