I was left alone in a bookstore all by myself. This is a dangerous state of affairs. Here’s what I picked up.
- Hyperspace – Michio Kaku : Because I am a nerd and love physics.
- Brain on Fire – Susannah Cahaln : Because I was listening to a podcast and they discussed this unique viewpoint into a disease I’d never heard of and I have to read it
- Coin Heist – Elisa Ludwig : Teenage heist movie in book form. I’m game for heist books in general and this one was on sale
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter – Theodora Goss : I saw the sequel and decided to read the first one before jumping into the one that’s twice the size of it. Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein, Holmes, and Watson — it sounds like my jam.
- The Master of Dreams – Mike Resnick : The cover caught me.
- Lies Sleeping – Ben Aaronovitch : The next in the Rivers of London Series. I’ve read almost all of them and plan to finish the one before this one before the end of the month, so I had to get the next one.
- Kill the Farm Boy – Delilah S. Dawson & Kevin Hearne : I’m pretty sure I’ve read both of these authors in different forms, but, well, it involves a talking goat. I couldn’t resist. (Hint: Read Scapegoats by Andrew Grell, talking goats and quests)
- Swan’s Way – Marcel Proust (Lydia Davis Trans.) : I’ve wanted to read Proust for awhile, but my French just isn’t good enough to do it in the original language.
- Krav Maga – David Kahn : I think this one is self-explanatory.