So, just a reminder, I am a sick and twisted individual and so your mileage may vary…
- The Stand – Stephen King – You should read this before the new CBS Discovery version comes out. I have read the book and watched the mini-series. In fact, I had bronchitis when I watched it. That is quite the experience.
- Oryx and Crake trilogy- Margaret Atwood – This is an interesting future world with an interesting cult. Read the series, but I suggest Book 2, Book3, then Book 1. To be perfectly honest, if I hadn’t read book 2 and 3 first, I never would have made it through Book 1.
- The Plague – Albert Camus – Nothing like a little existentialism with your literary pretensions. Honestly though, I tend to like Camus. And this is about a plague in French Algeria.
- Hater – David Moody – I couldn’t put this book down when I started reading it in the bookshop. I realized I’d been standing in the aisle reading for twenty minutes, then gave in and bought the book. And the 2 follow-ups.
- The Lord of the Rings – J. R. R. Tolkien – Always recommended and always good, no matter how many times I’ve read it.