And I feel like I got nothing done really.
However, on the other hand, I got through quite a bit of my to do list this weekend.
I’ve been fighting through cleaning up my bathroom, including throwing out a few things that I’ve had for ages, but just haven’t used. And I have discovered the absolutely best way to motivate me to clean — give me a hard deadline for something else. In fact, the idea that I have something due in a week? That means I’ll happily wash the baseboards and vacuum the house.
I have no idea why that is, but I know it’s true. I have to be careful to make myself focus on the real things.
What I did get done:
- Took books to the local bookstore so that as we ramp up into Christmas shopping time, there’s plenty of books at the shop.
- Picked up the items I won at the local estate auction. Heck, Dr. Ruth’s Game of Good Sex looks hilarious.
- Stopped at the storage unit to retrieve my friend’s camp chair for her to take with her camping.
- Provided wholesale costs to a bakery client.
- Made arrangements to discuss budget and timeline for a new app my business partner and I want to develop.
- Picked up some apples and selzer at the grocery.
- Edited part of GS.
That’s a little better than what I thought I’d gotten done.
Well, that’s all for this little check-in.