- Friends who are willing to help blow off steam even on a weekday.
- Games that can be played for a short period of time. Even just one level at a time.
- Wikipedia for making sure I always have a weird and wonderful fact of the day.
1) That while on vacation my parents and I do not have anything like the Family Drama (TM) that I see on display around us.
2) The ventalin in my inhaler for making it possible to push the wheelchair and still breathe
3) Jimmy Buffet music.
Once again marveling at the miracle of flight while my knees are pressed up against the seat in front of me and the underseat bag is in for the long-haul because while I can get into it, it requires advanced core strength and flexibility.
Still, vacation is a wonderful thing and my cortisol levels aren’t already falling. I highly recommend the new Key West Has at Olivia’s restaurant at Old Key West resort in Disney. It’s tofu based and a wonderful choice for the vegetarians among us.
1) The plane stayed in the air and the kids were well behaved.
2) Disney provides free pass and tampons.
3) The wheelchair was at the resort when we arrived.
My life today can be summarized as meetings. No, I do not want to interact with anyone else. I have had my fill of human interaction and wish to resign and become a cat.
1) The beautiful light of fall which makes everything crisp and clean.
2) The right temperature in the morning to let me wear my moto jacket.
3) That the things which sold on eBay today were already packed and just needed shipping labels.
EBay: ventriloquist dummy, projector and slides
Well, today felt… anti-climactic. It seems that when IT “upgraded” the database system I work with, they failed to inform me of a new way that things are registered into the DB. As in, I was running around chasing my tail trying to figure out how to fix a thing that wasn’t broken because the criteria for correct was changed and no one thought to tell me. You wanna hear about the wasted hours I’ve spent trying to fix this thing? I’ll tell you if you really want, but I don’t think you’ll enjoy my language.
Training other people is hard. I keep realizing that there are things I haven’t told my team-mate at work. Things I thought he already knew, which I suppose is my mistake, but it just hasn’t come up in the past nine months, so not really anyone’s problem because he didn’t actually need to know the information until now? Except, if I’d magically gotten transported to Narnia, he’d have needed to know what to do. Failure to document how to do the thing too. That’s easily fixed, but still annoying.
Words: only this blog post so far.
EBay: Shirley Temple photo, celluloid doll
Bonanza: Viewmaster slides
It’s been just an ordinary day today. Nothing particularly one way or the other.
Still, I got a big old smack of imposter syndrome at work today. “Wow. I think this is really good. You have gotten so much done.” And I am thinking, seriously? This has barely scratched the surface of the project. Holy crap you have different standards.
1) That other people see my worth more clearly than I do and point it out to me. I am a perfectionist and I always feel as though the thing I have created is not good enough.
2) That Pandora music streaming has introduced me to several bands that I never heard of before.
3) That there is a vacation setting on eBay so that I don’t have to resist everything when I take a vacation.
EBay: wine stopper, 1 teddy bear
1) That we had almost two full days with relatives before Family Drama ™ interrupted.
2) That I have friends willing to listen to me whine.
3) That there are brilliant authors in the world who give me places to visit.
EBay update: 1 pattern, 1 book, 1 action figure, 1 troll doll, 1 set of Strawberry Shortcake dolls, 1 rubber doll, 1 teddy bear, 1 necklace, 1 decorative tin
Other sales: a large Yogibo
Relatives coming in for the weekend. Cleaning speed run activate!!
1) I can watch Russian ballet at 1 in the morning because of the internet.
2) That my relatives are still in good enough health to be able to travel down and see us.
3) That the fall light has started and the edges are crisp and clear.
EBay: 1 doll, Dept 56 piece, vintage cookie cutters, and 1 pattern.
So today is Friday and I am happy that it is the last day in the work week. I think I will actually be able to get some of the things on my to do list done today. Also, I am exploring a work opportunity this morning which may change my future career path. We will see how that goes.
1) That the little fox did not get hit by a car this morning. It was trying to cross what amounts to a 6 lane divided highway. It started back towards the side and I saw the car in the right lane hit the breaks. When I went by though, the fox was panting, but safely on the side of the road. She was adorable too. I just wanted to pet her and tell her it was okay.
2) The Cheshire moon that was in the sky on Wednesday night. The quarter moon grinning down at me is one of my favorite sights and it’s so much easier to see in the area I was that night.
3) The ability to ban bidders on eBay. The one I banned was rude and abrasive. And you know what? I have her the partial refund, even though I could have won the fight with eBay as the damage she cited was very clearly in the pictures. It was worth the money to just get rid of her and make sure she can never again deal with me on that platform. Also, she needs to learn when chat speak is not appropriate. Honestly, you do not use chat abbreviations when you are writing a business letter. Okay, obviously I need to do some work on releasing my feelings about this one. Still, I am grateful that eBay makes it possible to ban people.
EBay: Geek junk drawer set.