eBay Sales: puzzle, mcDonald’s Toy
#MilWordy Update: 121,973 words (5,522 words/day to complete)
I went to an estate sale today and picked up a bunch of Nancy Drew books. There was a Dana Girls mixed into the middle of the grouping. I was happy to see it. I always enjoyed the Dana Girls, but they’re hard to find. I picked up a few odds and ends, but in general the sale was a bit too costly for my blood. I much prefer the auctions or thrift stores out in the wild more than a lot of estate sales. I hate to say that people over-value items, but in general, now that eBay and WorthPoint are easy to find, it’s a lot harder to find deals. It’s one of those things that I understand. Go for all you can get out of an item. At the same time, I am not your buyer.
I also got some hair dye. It’s only temporary. I’m debating whether or not I’m actually going to bleach out my hair or not. I’ve never actually colored my hair, but that’s mostly because I’ve been in fairly conservative office spaces. (Even granting that we had a high-level deputy with green hair at the position before the last one.) I am nervous. I should have taken the advice of the little punk that I met when I was in college who encouraged me to do it while I was in school and it wouldn’t affect anything. She was right. I should have.
Of course, looking back on the world, I also realized that I was probably completely blind to the fact that she was flirting with me. That is not an unusual problem in my life though. I’m usually completely blind to that sort of thing. Mostly because I don’t care about being in a relationship. LOL. I can see it so clearly when it involves someone else. but I am blind when it’s with me. As with a lot of insights.
I feel slightly better now that I’ve had a day to process that I’m not beholden to anyone outside of myself right now. It’s a new sensation. Into the future!
To infinity and beyond!!!!
- Goal: Finish 2 books & 12 short stories — 3 short story complete. 1 in edits. Typed up a new one tonight. I think it’s going to be a crime story.
- Goal: Keep a journal, even if it’s only one line per day — Nope. I did not fix this last night. Will today be different?
- Goal: Take a photo every day and make myself a book at the end of the year.
- Goal: Complete MilWordy. — *maybe????*
- Goal: Blog every day. — Back at it. Four days in a row. This is almost unheard of.
- Goal: Modified eBay goal: List $200-$300 per day. Not today, but I did get about half-way there.