eBay Sales: 2 books,
Bonanza Sales: remote control car
#MilWordy Update: 125,434 words (5,642 words/day to complete)
I fought my way through my taxes today. I cannot begin to explain the headache that creates. I suppose it could just be my sinuses, but it’s not centered there. It’s higher on my head and pressing out like my head is trying to explode. I might need to get my glasses updated to, I realize. It’s been over a year.
I am between positions at the moment, so I’ve been jumping in to writing profiles and updating my resume and portfolios. It’s draining in a way that looking for jobs and peering at submission guidelines when you’ve got a day job isn’t. It’s time to start shaking my network for opportunities. I am one day away from changing over my LinkedIn profile and updating my resume on all of the sites. I need to finish writing up my most recent position on my resume and proof it about three times to make sure there’s nothing glaringly wrong on it.
In general, it’s been a productive but exhausting day.
Well, I’m off to try to get some words which are not related to cover letters done. I’ll talk to you all tomorrow.
If you found this interesting, or you’d like to support my content, please consider buying me a coffee.
- Goal: Finish 2 books & 12 short stories — 3 short story complete. 1 in edits.
- Goal: Keep a journal, even if it’s only one line per day — Removing the barrier made a difference. I actually wrote two days worth of entries.
- Goal: Take a photo every day and make myself a book at the end of the year. — Got two photos today. — My new business cards showed up.
- Goal: Complete MilWordy. — My words today were mostly job proposals and an author profile.
- Goal: Blog every day. — Third day in a row.
- Goal: Modified eBay goal: List $200-$300 per day. Got $400 worth of listings today. That’s a big deal. I’m trying to get through my “death pile” so that I can justify going to an auction next week.