eBay Sales: 4 books, 1 frame, 1 comic, 1 doll, 2 photo album covers, 1 pottery piece
#MilWordy Update: 113,777 words (4,689 words/day to complete)
Got more than 10 listings done today for eBay. I consider that a win.
On Monday, I gathered with friends to celebrate the completion of a joint reading of a book. Believe me when I tell you that this book barely deserves the name. And I have read slush. I have read literary slush. short story slush. novel slush. And none of those unpublished works, no matter how bad or disjointed, were as bad as this piece of publishing that someone has the temerity to charge money for. I have read more entertaining letters from people with schizophrenia in the midst of an episode which causes word salad. (This is an industry term for completely disjointed thought-streams which are poured forth onto paper. It’s a diagnostic tool actually.)
But this book. This book makes me wish I could drink until I forget its existence. It has occasionally made me attempt to summon Cthulhu from his slumber in the water depths, because the madness created by the lingering gaze of the old ones is actually an improvement on the madness which this book induced.
This book induced our intrepid team of readers to keep track of such things as “gross,” “F**K YOU!!! to the infinity to the infinity power!,” “That’s not how this works. That’s not how ANY of this works,” and “unutterable stupidity and the inability to plot.”
There are fan-fics which are famous for being so bad they’re enjoyable. Unfortunately, this book was not enjoyable to that level. It was not “Plan 9 From Outer Space” levels of camp to be made fun of.
It was an endurance race.
And I will not grant the author the courtesy or ignominy of being named. If it were possible, I would blot the existence of all of its copies out of the world.
I put the file in a separate folder on my computer so that it would not infect anything else with its stupidity.
It has so firmly lowered the bar of readable that I wish I could grant it negative stars.
But, I must dwell happily in the knowledge that it’s over. And I pray that I will never see anything as insipid, disgusting, or infuriating again.
My blood pressure couldn’t handle it.
- Goal: Finish 2 books & 12 short stories — 2 short story complete.
- Goal: Keep a journal, even if it’s only one line per day — I need to catch up with this
- Goal: Take a photo every day and make myself a book at the end of the year. — a few days behind again.
- Goal: Complete MilWordy. — Progress, but the goal seems just out of reach for every day. But, I know that I can devote a weekend to writing soon. That should be a way to do it.
- Goal: Blog every day. — Ha ha. that is, to laugh.
- Goal: 15 eBay listings a day while I’m not working elsewhere — got 11 done today! That’s close at least.